Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The body has to move...The Power of Dance


I've been enjoying ecstatic dance for the last year and half after being dance-phobic my entire life. Its ironic but pretty common for musicians to have this condition I have found.   Dance has literally opened up a new expressive outlet for me not to mention a loving community of new friends.  Prior to dance, most of my community needs we're met by my profession as a musician.

Instead of accepting drugs intervention for some mental health issues, maybe we could see the "mental health issue" as wisdom from the body.  That something needs to shift or change.

See this moving story of a young child's healing journey with dance...  and maybe you'll be moved to move your body too!  Its what our bodies and minds need.

No comments: